Making your dermatology visit safe
We are set up to maximize safety for our patients and staff. This means a host of changes to standard practices. We apologize if these changes are inconvenient or result in a delay of care. Unfortunately, this is the new reality of life with COVID-19.
Entering the clinic
- If you have fever, cough, or exposure to a known or suspected COVID-19 patient within the past 14 days, please cancel/reschedule your appointment.
- Only patients may enter the clinic unless patient is a minor-aged child <16 years-old or disabled requiring assistance.
- A staff member will screen you for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 infection before entry. The screening includes taking a forehead temperature measurement. If your temperature is elevated or you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, your visit may be rescheduled.
- A facemask (medical or homemade) that is required for entry to the clinic; masks will be provided to those without but supplies are limited. Once inside the clinic, please do not remove your facemask unless requested by the care team.
- Upon entry, please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizer station.
A safe clinic environment
- In addition to the steps outlined above, we are reducing the number of scheduled patients and removing furniture from our waiting room to enhance social distancing.
- We are using CDC-approved disinfectants and an enhanced disinfection schedule.
- We perform daily screening of all staff for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- We require all staff to wear facemasks within the clinic.
- If you prefer to wait in your car, please provide the door screener with your cell phone number.